Dr.sc.ing. Vladimirs Jakušins
1992 - Doctor's degree in Engineering (Dr.sc.ing.), engineering; Riga Technical University, Riga Technical University Habilitation Council H-02
Research Interests and Expertise
Technological and material science research of polyurethane coatings and rigid polyurethane foams.
2018-2020 - European Space Agency - Light Weight Polyurethane Insulation for the Bulkhead of Ariane Rocket, Produced with the Next Generation Blowing Agents and Environmentally Friendly Catalysts (CRYOFOAMS-LW) (Nr.4000124200/18/NL/SC), leading researcher
2017-2019 - ERDF - Rigid polyurethane/polyisocyanurate foam thermal insulation material reinforced with nano/micro size cellulose (Nr.188.8.131.52/16/A/031), leading researcher
2015-2017 - European Space Agency - Rigid Polyurethane Foams for External Tank Insulation for Launcher Upper Stages (CRYOFOAMS) (Nr.400011453/15/NL/NDe), leading researcher
2014-2017 - National Research Programme - Forest and earth entrails resources: research and sustainable utilization – new products and technologies (ResProd), project No. 3 Biomaterials and products from forest resources with versatile applicability, activity Polyurethane coatings with decreased flammability have been developed on the basis of phosphorus-containing polyols, synthesised on the basis of renewable raw materials, for wood protection, leading researcher
2018 – “Top Achievements in Science” in Latvia in 2017. Applied science category with “Wide range of thermal insulation materials from renewable and recycled raw materials” by Dr, U.Stirna, Dr. U.Cabulis, Dr. V.Yakushin, Mg.sc.ing. M.Kirpluks, Mg.sc.ing. A.Fridrihsone, Latvian Academy of Sciences.
- Yakushin, V., Abolins, A., Vilsone, D., Sevastyanova, I. Polyurethane coatings based on linseed oil phosphate ester polyols with intumescent flame retardants. - Fire and Materials, 2019, 43-1, 92-100 (Doi: 10.1002/fam.2672).
- Zeltins, V., Yakushin, V., Cabulis, U., Kirpluks, M. Crude tall oil as raw material for rigid polyurethane foams with low water absorption. - Solid State Phenomena, 2017, 267, 17-22 (Doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/SSP.267.17).
- Yakushin, V., Misane, M., Bikovens, O., Vilsone, D., Sevastyanova, I. Synthesis of trimethylolpropane esters of tall oil fatty acids and properties of polyurethane coatings on their basis. - Journal of Coatings Technology and Research, 2016, 13-2, 317-324 (Doi: 10.1007/s11998-015-9747-3).
- Stirna, U., Fridrihsone-Girone, A., Yakushin, V., Vilsone, D. Processing and properties of spray-applied, 100% solids polyurethane coatings from rapeseed oil polyols. - Journal of Coatings Technology and Research, 2014, 11-3, 409-420 (Doi: 10.1007/s11998-013-9545-8).
- Zeltins, V., Yakushin, V., Cabulis, U., Kirpluks, M. Polyurethane and polyisocyanurate foams in external tank cryogenic insulation. - Polymers at Cryogenic Temperatures, 2013, 9783642353352-1, 203-244 (Doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-35335-2_10).